Introduction

Here's a great "trick" that will allows you to have ALL the options to control your PC with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 8 RT, Windows 7, Windows Vista and others in one folder.
NOTES:
People are also reporting that this works in 32-bit Vista, but NOT 64-bit Vista.
People are also reporting that this works in 32-bit Windows Server 2008 Enterprise but not 64 bit.
I am running it on 64-bit Windows 8 Pro (RTM) and Windows 8 RT (Surface tablet).
People are also reporting it works on Windows Server 2012.
Just confirmed it is working with the Windows 10 Technical Preview (03-12-2015).

Steps (3 total)

1

Open Windows Explorer and create a new folder

Create the folder anywhere. For ease of use, I created mine in the Root directory/folder.

NOTE: Creating the folder on the Desktop might or might not work. The feedback seems to vary, so you'll just have to experiment with it.
2

Rename the folder by pasting the name below exactly as it appears:

GodMode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}

NOTE: You can name it whatever you want (within reason), I just use "GodMode" in this example.
3

 

 

 

 

 



Enjoy!

Start enjoy your all-in-one folder to control virtually every aspect of Windows 7. I'm still having fun going through and seeing all the stuff I didn't know was in Windows 7! ;-)

Conclusion

According to different feedback I've received, this is working in Vista and Windows 7. I tried XP and it does not appear to work there, so it appears to be something with the newer OSs only..
I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment