How to fix WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn’t connect to: /root/.cache/keyring-yNzNuC/pkcs11: No such file or directory?


Couple of days back I was trying to run WPSCAN and I received an interesting warning on my XFCE Desktop. WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /root/.cache/keyring-yNzNuC/pkcs11: No such file or directory?. The warning doesn’t actually stops me from doing anything, but I was obviously curious and found that I had exactly the same WARNING: gnome-keyring on my LXDE Desktop as well. This was not the same on my GNOME Desktop.




 

How to fix WARNING: gnome-keyring issue


I get this warning when I try to run wpscan.
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /root/.cache/keyring-XxxXxXx/pkcs11: No such file or directory

How to fix WARNING: gnome-keyring error-1 - blackMORE Ops

Same warning appears when I try to ssh to git.
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /root/.cache/keyring-XxxXxXx/pkcs11: No such file or directory

A quick Google search shows many users get this warning in different distributions, such as Ubuntu, Kali, Linux Mint Debian Edition, Debian, Slackware etc.
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-IVaeDO/pkcs11: No such file or directory

When using PYLOTRO:
WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to: /tmp/keyring-YPU1bi/pkcs11: No such file or directory
*** Finished ***

Here’s how to fix it..

Edit /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop file:
leafpad /etc/xdg/autostart/gnome-keyring-pkcs11.desktop

How to fix WARNING: gnome-keyring error-2 - blackMORE Ops.jpg

 

Go to the OnlyShowIn line and add XFCE; at the end of it.

Note: If you’re using KDE, MATE, LXDE, XFCE, GNOME, Unity, Cinnamon etc. Window Managers, add accordingly. In my case it was XFCE.

 

How to fix WARNING: gnome-keyring error-3 - blackMORE Ops.jpg

Save the file and close it.

Now reboot.

How to fix WARNING: gnome-keyring error-4 - blackMORE Ops.jpg

That’s it. Now you won’t see that WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn’t connect to again.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment