01) download the ISO of Windows 8 Customer Preview from Microsoft's Site (English)
02) note the relative activation KEY (always English)
03) unzip the ISO of windows with WinRAR to any folder on your PC
04) unzip the file /SOURCES/INSTALL.WIM with "UniExtract" (universal extractor) in any folder on your PC
05) have a partition of at least 12 GB free on your USB stick
06) format it, if u want, as NTFS format with Cluster Size = 1.024 bytes or 2.048 bytes
07) from the disk management of windows on that partition, run the "mark partition as active" so that the PC can then use it to boot
08) copy the entire contents of extracted INSTALL.WIM to that partition (except the trash folder, RECYCLE.BIN)
09) open the attachment that I put here in RAR, copy the 2 files on the USB KEY and from the DOS command line ( if not works, run DOS Shell as administrator ):
10) bcdboot.exe X:windows /s X:
11) bootsect /nt60 X: /force
where X is the letter of the partition used in the USB stick. Reboot and ensure that the PC starts from USB stick. In figure 01 you can see my 8 partitions on the same USB drive where I have Windows 7 32 & 64 BIT, WINDOWS 8 32 & 64 BIT, LINUX Pinguy 32 & 64 BIT, Easeus Todo Backup Recovery with Linux shell.
The above guide works with the English version of Win 8 Customer Preview 32 BIT as well as the same 64 BIT only that the second requires a bit' more size (about 3 GB +). My guide is the minimum requirement under the which wraps everything but if u want it running more lean, fast and efficient, then we say that the ideal is 16 GB free for the 32 BIT and 20 GB for the 64 BIT.
The first start will make the whole configuration of the system, will ask for the key to activate the free copy of the system, your name, a password that you
can create, etc. From second boot, windows 8 will start in half a minute on a dual core processor with 2 GB of RAM. I remind you that booting from USB, will never be as fast as if it were installed on the hard disk, unless you have a USB 3.0 and never the same also in this case...
THIS IS A PREVIEW, THIS METHOD IS NOT YET FOUND IN THE WEB. I CREATED IT ONLY YESTERDAY AFTERNOON BEING ABLE TO DO IT WORKS. MY PROBLEM WAS THE COMMAND LINE FROM DOS BUT NOW IT'S PERFECT AND WORKS PERFECTLY ... SHARE THIS HOW TO IF YOU WANT, JUST PLEASE REMEMBER TO WRITE MY NAME ... PYCON IS ALWAYS QUALITY !!